Table of Contents
We do collect information about you and we may share that information with third parties in certain circumstances, so please read on for more details about how we use personal information we collect about you when you use the RUMBLE Services.
Personal Information We Collect
- mailing address;
- telephone number;
- e-mail address;
- username and password, if applicable (for account administration);
- device ID, including IP address;
- financial account information and other payment information (that you submit to us for processing); and
- additional personal information necessary for the administration of certain promotional events.
When We Collect Information
We collect information from you automatically when you visit the website, read pages, or download information. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- The internet domain and IP address from which you access our website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit;
- The search term(s) used in our search engine;
- If you linked to RUMBLE’s website from another website, the address of that website;
- If you submit a form via our website, we will collect the content you provided via that form submission; and
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
The use of this information provides us with feedback on our products or services.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We may use the Personal Information we collect from you when you send an e-mail to RUMBLE, register online for RUMBLE Services, or by filling out a form with your personal information and submitting it through our website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To communicate with you by mail, telephone, e-mail, mobile alerts and SMS text messaging about RUMBLE.
- To send periodic emails regarding products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (email or phone inquiries).
- To further our business purposes, such as to perform data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, to enhance, improve or modify the RUMBLE Services, to identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to operate and expand our business activities.
How We May Disclose Personal Information We Collect
Your privacy is very important to us. We generally won’t disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of RUMBLE, except in the following circumstances.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers to provide us with services such as website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services.
To Perform Services You Request
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in order to perform services you request or functions you initiate. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information in order to identify you to anyone to whom you send communications through the RUMBLE Services. Keep in mind, when you post information in a public forum it becomes public information.
Corporate Transactions or Events
We may disclose your information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
Other Legal Reasons
In addition, we may use or disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with subpoenas and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (6) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of RUMBLE, our Affiliates, you and others; and (7) to enforce our terms and conditions.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information We Collect
Similarly, we generally use non-personal information for any purpose not prohibited by law. In particular, we may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all non-personal information, provided that such information does not personally identify you. The non-personal information we collect generally will not personally identify you or be correlated to you individually for external purposes.
How We Protection Your Personal Information
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your Personal Information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Unfortunately, no system or online transmission of data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and you should always take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information, including ensuring that you have up-to-date antivirus software. If you believe that your RUMBLE account or any information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately through the Contact Us information provided below.
How To Review and Modify Data and Information
You have the right, at any time, to review and/or modify any of your personally identifiable information that you provide during registration, or any other voluntarily provided information. You may also remove yourself from our active databases of e-mail lists. To do so, you should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that (1) we provide a copy of your profile of personally identifiable information, (2) we update or modify certain personally identifiable information, and/or (3) you be removed from our databases of active e-mail lists.
We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably possible. To protect your confidentiality, we can only send a requested profile to the e-mail address listed in the profile. In any event, our back-up files will maintain copies of your personally identifiable information. We reserve the right to contact former clients or users of the website from time to time.
Use of “Cookies”
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Because each browser is slightly different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
You may modify your browser’s settings at any time to disallow cookies, but certain features of the site may no longer function as intended.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summarized by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on. You can opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com.
RUMBLE does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, you may be able to set your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked. Third parties cannot collect any other Person Information from RUMBLE’s website unless you provide it to them directly.
The Fair Information Practices Principles sets forth certain privacy laws in the United States and the concepts in the Fair Information Practice Principles play a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect Personal Information.
To be in line with Fair Information Practices, we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email as soon as we are notified of the breach.
- We will notify the users via in-site notification as soon as we are notified of the breach.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Send information and updates pertaining to projects or orders
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
The RUMBLE Services do not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we collected Personal Information from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
See the GDPR Data Processing Addendum for more information about RUMBLE’s policies in compliance with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation.
RUMBLE IoT Inc.
7560 W 135th Street
Overland Park, Kansas 66223